How to Get Your Parents A Visa?

Law Offices of Mark Bratkovsky
2 min readFeb 9, 2023

Are you a New York citizen and now wish your foreign-born parents to pursue naturalization or a visa? Want to bring your immigrant parents to reside in the country permanently? Well, you need to understand the ins and outs before hiring an immigration attorney. Here’s everything to learn about how to get your parent’s visa.

Immigration Attorney Brooklyn NY

A Few Issues for Parents Who Want to Qualify for the Green Card -

It is possible to immigrate to the US if you have a US child residing out there. However, there are a few limitations. The first is the child’s required age. US citizens should be at least 21 years old if they want to bring their parents to the US permanently. They are eligible for immigration.

Parents might be considered as the immediate relatives of people who are eligible for lawful permanent residence via a green card. With a US residence, they may live & work in the US permanently. Like green card holders, lawful permanent residents might not bring their parents to the US.

Understanding the Immigration Prospects for Parents Having Children in the US with Green Card -

If the parents of the US citizen are residing in the US on a green card, they can adjust their status as immediate relatives. They only need to submit their paperwork & attend their interviews accordingly.

The only problem will arise if their parents commit visa fraud by applying for a nonimmigrant visa to get US entry. If a parent applies for the B2 visitor visa, they might have intended to be the tourist. And later on, they might have decided to opt for a green card.

Documents Required: When to Seek a Legal Consultation?

The documents you provide may vary. A few documents that everyone might need are the following:

. Your birth certificate’s photocopy

. The US passport

. Legal evidence of name changes (if and when required)

. Civil marriage certificate

Are you overwhelmed with the paperwork? You might be a beginner in this field. So, if you want to make your parent’s immigration process seamless, it is time to hire an immigration attorney Brooklyn NY.



Law Offices of Mark Bratkovsky

The Law Offices of Mark Bratkovsky, PC is a full-service Brooklyn based law firm in Coney Island, NY. Experienced attorneys provide affordable legal counseling